Fragrant Fish Curry 🍛 🐟. Low Prices on Thai Taste Green Curry Paste. A delicious and wonderfully simply dump bag meal! Add the fish and lime zest, cook gently for a few minutes until the fish is just cooked through.
T his delicious fish curry is a traditional recipe from the coastal state of Goa, India. Use white fish in this curry for best results - I like to use haddock or hake. The instruction how to make Fragrant fish curry. You can have Fragrant Fish Curry 🍛 🐟 using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fragrant Fish Curry 🍛 🐟
- You need 350 g of boneless cod loin - chopped into 3cm pieces.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- It's 2-3 of long shallots (or 1 small onion).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli.
- It's 1/2 of green chilli.
- You need 1 cm of piece fresh ginger - chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 tsp of mild sweet paprika.
- It's 1.5 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- You need Half of the tomato can of water.
- Prepare of Large handful fresh coriander - finely chopped.
- It's of To serve.
- Prepare 4 of lime wedges.
- Prepare Dash of fish sauce.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the ground coriander, curry powder, turmeric, black mustard seeds and panch phora. Add sugar, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves. Friday night dinner: Fragrant fish curry with coconut and lime sambol recipe Save Serve with the sambol, which brings a hit of heat and freshness to the creamy curry, natural yoghurt, and rice or.
Fragrant Fish Curry 🍛 🐟 instructions
- Mix the turmeric & fish sauce in a bowl Coat the Cod in this and leave covered in the fridge for an hour..
- Whizz up the oil, Ginger, onion, garlic & chillies in a food processor until you get a paste. Fry this paste on a medium heat in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes until softened slightly. (Don’t burn it).
- Add in the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and half the can of water - simmer down for 10-15 minutes to reduce a little..
- Add in the cod & stir into the sauce, cover and simmer for 6-7 mins or until just cooked. (Resist stirring else the fish will all break up.).
- Add a splash or two of fish sauce and the fresh coriander then stir in very gently. Serve with rice, a squeeze of lime juice & extra fish sauce on serving..
Pick, chop and scatter over the coriander leaves. We've used a good quality jar of ready-made curry sauce to have this fragrant fish. A South Indian-style fish curry, also known as meen kolumbu, is made with monkfish and. The key to cooking it well is to make sure it doesn't cook too vigorously or for too long. In this curry, the fish is lightly cooked for just a couple of minutes, before letting the pan sit so that it finishes cooking in the residual heat.