Miso Stir Fried Celeriac. Great recipe for Miso Stir Fried Celeriac. As a newbie in UK/Europe, last week I didn't even know there's a veggie called celeriac. Then, I got it inside my organic veggie weekly box from a nearby farm.
Great recipe for Miso Stir Fried Celeriac. As a newbie in UK/Europe, last week I didn't even know there's a veggie called celeriac. Then, I got it inside my organic veggie weekly box from a nearby farm. You can cook Miso Stir Fried Celeriac using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Miso Stir Fried Celeriac
- You need 1/2 piece of Celeriac.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil (or as needed, can substitute with butter).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 1 of bulb of small onion.
- It's 2 tbs of miso.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbs of mirin (Japanese cooking sweet rice wine).
- It's of Optional: some other cut veggies, tofu or meat.
This is a challenge to cook something I haven't even taste. Place the celeriac, flat-side down, in your deep casserole pot. Pour over the stock and miso mixture and throw in the shiitake mushrooms, tearing any large ones in half before they go in. Pop the lid on and place in the oven.
Miso Stir Fried Celeriac instructions
- Crush and chop the garlic, cut the onion into thin slices.
- Heat the frying pan on medium-high heat, add oil, ginger powder garlic and onion, further heat for 1-2 minutes until the garlic become yellowish.
- Add the celeriac and veggie/meat/tofu (optional), miso, soy sauce and mirin, stir to spread the sauces equally for 5-10 minutes until caramelization of the mirin occurs (the celeriac will be coated in a brownish thin layer).
Put a casserole-type pan on a medium-high heat and add a lug of olive oil. Rip in the lemon thyme - the smells from this will be outrageous - then go straight in with the diced celeriac and a generous pinch of salt. Great recipe for Celeriac and carrot Kinpira. Sweet and salty, typical Japanese side dish. Good with Japanese rice and Miso soup.