Oat coated fish. Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! I dont usually rate a recipe that I altred, but based on other reviews, I made two changes. One, I seasoned the fish to my liking BEFORE the flour, that way the fish got seasoned, not the coating.
Coat cod fillets with flour; shake off excess. Season the fish strips with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sprinkle over the lemon juice. Pour the beaten eggs into a bowl. You can cook Oat coated fish using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oat coated fish
- Prepare 1 pack of frozen pollock(6 pieces).
- Prepare Half of mug Oats.
- Prepare 2/3 of rd mug wholemeal flour(or mix with plain flour).
- Prepare of Seasoning:garlic,chilli flakes,salt,plain paprika powder.
- Prepare of Seasoning:dried leaves herbs zaatar and.basil and black seeds.
- It's of Seasoning whole cumin seeds.
- Prepare 3 of eggs beaten.
- You need of About 5 tablespoons of the cream alternate.
- You need of Cooking oil for shallow fry.
Sprinkle the pinhead oatmeal onto a plate. Dab your fish fillets dry with kitchen paper on both sides. Season the fillets with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix the mustard and horseradish and spread over the fish, and then press oats on top.
Oat coated fish step by step
- Let the frozen fish defrost without cutting. Rinse briefly. Drain as much excess water from fish then season with salt garlic chilli paprika powder. Set aside.
- Then now can prep your flour mixture and your eggy mixture separately.inshaAllah..with the oats break it into smaller pieces and mix some seasoning and set aside with egg mixture add in egg beat up and some cream beat also. Start coating your pieces one by one with eggy then with flours..
- Heat some oil in frying pan shallow fry not overcrowding the pan and using only about 2 or 3 cm of oil only. Make sure it is heated well or else fish will drench with oil. Then turn to other side when golden colour and starts to fall apart..
- Remove onto oil drain paper when both sides crispy and golden. Serve fresh with some lime/lemon achari or squeeze. (Alternatively you can add bit of zest if lemon while cooking). Bismillah enjoy with baked potato wedges or plain rice with veggies or salads of choice..
Heat the butter in a frying pan and, when foaming, add the fish, oat-side down, and cook for a couple of mins. Turn them over and cook for another min. Serve with lemon, and leaves or beans. Top tip for making Oat-coated mackerel Drain, then flake the fish. Put the oats, Parmesan, remaining dill and garlic in a food processor and whizz to a crumb.