How to Cook Tasty Vegan shepherds pie
Vegan shepherds pie. Check Out Vegan Pie on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! This delicious, savoury vegan shepherd's pie freezes very well, so make in individual portions if you prefer, or freeze the leftovers.
Best served with tomato ketchup - as all great shepherd's pies are. Place the Maris Pipers into a large pan of cold salted water over a medium heat. We've created a meat and dairy-free version of this absolute family favourite - everyone will love this vegan Shepherd's pie recipe. You can cook Vegan shepherds pie using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan shepherds pie
- Prepare 4 of medium white potatoes.
- You need 40 g of green lentils.
- It's 400 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 5 tsp of bisto.
- It's 1 of medium carrot.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of marmite.
- It's 1 knob of plant based butter.
- It's of Soy milk.
This vegan shepherd's pie from The Happy Pear gives the traditional shepherd's pie a veggie makeover. So flavorful and satisfying that you won't miss the meat! Meanwhile, chop the carrots, celery, and onion, sauté in vegan butter or oil for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook until the edges begin to darken.
Vegan shepherds pie step by step
- Rinse and put the lentils in a pot and bring them to the boil and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the carrot,onion and garlic and fry them in a wok for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock to the onions and carrots.
- Peel the potatoes, quater them and add them to a pot of bolling water, they need to simmer for atleased 20 minutes Pre heat oven to gas mark 6.
- Add the marmite and the bisto to the simering stock and stir.
- After the timer has gone off the lentils will be ready to drain and add to the stock and stir.
- When the potatoes are done drain add butter and a splash of soy milk and mash.
- Pour the stock mixture into a suitable deep oven dish and then spoon on the mashed potatoes and then smooth out with a back of a spoon. You can also spread the top with butter and make a pattern with a fork.
- Put it into your preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and grill for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with veggies of your choice.
Add the garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Create some nice ridges in the top with your fork (looks pretty and helps with browning) and top it with some knobs of vegan butter. Place a large non-stick saucepan over medium heat & add a little oil. When the pan is hot add the onion, carrots, garlic & celery. How To Make Vegan Shepherd's Pie Make the mashed potato topping as directed in the recipe card or make Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.