How to Make Delicious Hot cross buns:
Hot cross buns:. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Check Out Hot Cross Bun on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Spoon the flour mixture into a piping bag (or a plastic food bag with a corner snipped away) and pipe a cross on each bun.
Pipe a line along each row of buns, then repeat in the other direction to create crosses. Gently pat down the risen buns then use the batter to carefully trace a cross over the top with a piping bag or spoon. The bun marks the end of Lent and different parts of the hot cross bun have a certain meaning, including the cross representing the crucifixion of Jesus, and the spices inside signifying the spices used to embalm him at his burial and may also include orange peel to reflect the bitterness of his time on the Cross. You can cook Hot cross buns: using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot cross buns:
- Prepare of 🌻For the bread.
- You need 2 of & 1/2 cups All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of +2 Tbsp warm milk (full fat or low fat).
- It's 1/4 cup of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Instant yeast or.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Active dry yeast.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Ground all spices.
- It's 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It's 3 Tbsp of melted butter.
- It's 3/4 cup of Raisins/currants/mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It's 4 of 🌻For the cross.
- It's 4 Tbsp of flour Water as needed for make the flour batter.
- Prepare as needed of 🌻For Glaze Honey or golden syrup.
Pour into a plastic food bag and make a nick in one of the corners. Pipe crosses on top of each bun. When the second rising is up, brush the strips with water, to make them stick, and make a cross on top of each bun trimming away any excess dough with a small knife. Alternatively you can use a small sharp or serrated knife to score a cross in the top of each bun.
Hot cross buns: step by step
- 🌻PREPARE THE DOUGH: Into a bowl add in all the dry ingeredients.Whisk them together and keep it aside. In another bowl.add the wet ingredients and whisk them together. Combine the wet and dry ingeredients together using the rear end of a wooden spoon to form a shaggy mass of dough. Transfer the dough on to a clean work surface and knead the dough until you get a soft and elastic dough..
- If you are using a standmisxer,then it will be so much easier to prepare the dough.Add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and Knead the dough at medium speed and then high speed using the dough hook attachment..
- 🌻FIRST PROOFING Lightly oil a clean bowl and place the dough inside it. Cover it with a clingfilm and let the dough sit and proof in a warm place or until it gets doubled in size. Add the soaked and drained raisins into the dough and mix them together so that raisins are evenely doistributed in the dough..
- 🌻DIVIDE AND SHAPE THE DOUGH: Divide the proofed dough into 12 equal pieces. Shape the pieces into round balls. Place them on a baking tray or ovenproof dish lined with parchment paper or onto a non-stick baking tray. Cover them up with a clingfilm..
- 🌻SECOND PROOFING Let the shaped dough balls sit and rise until they are doubled in size..
- 🌻PIPE THE CROSS: Mix together some flour and water fo form a thick flour batter. Transfer it on to a piping bag. Pipe cross on top of the buns.
- 🌻BAKE THE HOT CROSS BUNS: Bake 190°C / 375°F for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 170°C / 350°F for next 12-15 minutes. 🌻BRUSH THE TOP WITH GLAZE: Brush the top of buns with honey or golden syrup. Enjoy Soft and fluffy Hot Cross Buns!.
Brush the buns with an egg wash, and then mix the flour, sugar and water into a smooth, thick paste. Or freeze for up to a month. Allow to defrost at room temperture. How to reheat hot cross buns? Or toast under the grill until browned instead.