How to Make Tasty Tomato bulgur pilaf
Tomato bulgur pilaf. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Begin by finely chopping the onion and dicing the tomato.
Add the boiling water, stir, and then add the bulgur, stirring again to combine. How to Make Bulgur Tomato Pilaf Start by rinsing the bulgur under running water and then drain and set aside. Return to the boil, then reduce the heat to very low. You can cook Tomato bulgur pilaf using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato bulgur pilaf
- Prepare 2 cups of Bulgur rice.
- It's 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's Knob of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion, finely diced.
- You need 1 of medium Tomato, roughly diced or 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400g tin).
- It's 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of Chicken or vegetable stock or Water.
- It's 3 tablespoons of Tomato paste.
How To Make Tomato Bulgur Pilaf: Rinse and drain bulgur wheat and set aside. Peel the onion and dice it and the bell pepper finely. Place a pot over medium heat on the stove; once hot, add olive oil and reduce heat to medium-low. How to make Bulgur Wheat Pilaf: Sauté the onions till translucent, add the tomatoes and stir till mushy, add the tomato paste and bulgur with salt and chilli, stir.
Tomato bulgur pilaf step by step
- Wash and rinse the bulgur 2-3 times in a bowl and set it aside..
- Finely dice the onion and tomato and transfer into two small bowls..
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, heat up the olive oil and butter. Add the onion and sauté until the onions are soft and translucent. Stir frequently to prevent burning..
- Then add the tomato (or tinned tomatoes) and sauté until completely softened. Season with salt and pepper..
- Now add the bulgur rice to the onion and tomato mixture..
- Increase the heat to high and add either the chicken, vegetable stock or water. Then add the tomato paste and stir all of the ingredients well. Let the liquid come to a simmer. Taste and amend if necessary (add salt, pepper etc)..
- Once most of the water has been absorbed, reduce the heat to medium low and cover with a lid. Let the rice cook for about 10 more minutes..
- Once rice has cooked turn off heat. Let the bulgur rice sit for 5 - 10 minutes, then fluff it with a fork or wooden spoon. Serve as a side dish to accompany other dishes such as with grilled meat, a salad, grilled vegetables and with plain yogurt on top..
Add water, stir, increase heat to high. In a deep saucepan, heat a little olive oil, add your onion and pepper and sauté for a few minutes on a low heat until the onion starts to sweat. Now add your tomato and stir around for a couple of minutes until it starts to soften. Add the salt, pepper, tomato paste, sugar, and broth and stir until combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to low.