How to Cook Appetizing Vegan Chilli Con Carne
Vegan Chilli Con Carne. Check Out Chilli Carne on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Get Outdoors This Season With The Best Clothing & Equipment From Leading Brands.
Add the broth and water, rinsed and drained beans, lentils, sweetcorn and chopped tomatoes and stir well. Method Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, then trim and finely chop the leek and chilli (I leave the seeds in, but deseed if you prefer), and place into your largest, heavy-based pan over a medium heat with the oil. To me, this vegan chilli con carne is the definition of comfort food and it's so healthy! You can cook Vegan Chilli Con Carne using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chilli Con Carne
- It's 100 g of Dry Soy Meat *Mince type.
- It's 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It's 1 of Capsicum *cut to small pieces.
- It's 1 tablespoon of Canola Oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Hot Chilli Powder OR Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Paprika.
- It's 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Ground Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Plain Flour.
- It's 1 can (400 g) of Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 1 can (410 g) of Kidney Beans *drained.
- It's of Salt.
High in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals AND low in saturated fat, better than any animal based protein out there! Enjoy with some brown rice, homemade guacamole, homemade salsa and homemade tortilla chips (recipe below). Here is what you will need for vegetarian chilli con Carne. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks, then place onto a baking tray.
Vegan Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Soak Dry Soy Meat in plenty of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and squeeze to remove excess water, then soak in fresh water, drain and squeeze to remove excess water again. *Note: This process is to remove unpleasant smell from Soy Meat. It might be unnecessary, or you wish to repeat a few times..
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Onion, Garlic and Capsicum for a few minutes..
- Add all Spices and Flour and mix to combine. *Note: Flour is to thicken the sauce. You can add Tomato Paste instead of Flour..
- Add Stock and Tomatoes, stir well, and bring to the boil. Season with Salt but the amount of Salt depends on the saltiness of the stock..
- Add squeezed Soy Meat, stir to combine. Soy Meat will instantly suck up a lot of sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Drain the canned Kidney beans and add to the pan. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the desired texture is achieved, stirring occasionally as it is easy to get burnt..
- Serve with freshly cooked rice..
Sprinkle with a pinch each of cayenne, cumin, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil then toss to coat. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery.