Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup.
You can have Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup
- It's 3 of large sized parsnips, trimmed and finely diced,.
- It's 1/2 of white onion, chopped,.
- You need 1.5 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala,.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder,.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of tumeric,.
- Prepare of Tiny pinch red chilli flakes,.
- You need 1 tsp of honey,.
- You need 2 tbsp of quark,.
- Prepare 1/2 of vegetable stock cube,.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season,.
- You need of Enough boiling water to cover veg in pan,.
Extra Special Curried Parsnip Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium low heat. Add in the onions and Sauté for several minutes stirring occasionally until beautifully soft and lightly golden..
- Add in the parsnip. Stir. Sauté for a couple of minutes. Season well with salt and pepper. Add in the garlic, garam masala and tumeric. Stir through. Cook the spices out for a minute or two..
- Boil a kettle of water. Crumble the stock cube over the parsnips then pour over enough boiling water to cover all the veg. Bring to a simmer. Once the parsnips are soft, remove from the heat..
- Blend out until quite smooth using a hand blender then add in the quark. Blend further until smooth a creamy. Add hot water in little by little whilst stirring until desired final consistency is achieved. It should be smooth and quite thick but not lumpy but still able to run off a spoon..
- Serve up and garnish with homemade sourdough croutons, crispy onion bits, crispy streaky bacon, a couple extra small dollops of quark and fresh coriander leaves. Enjoy!.