Recipe: Delicious My Peppered Beef Stew
My Peppered Beef Stew. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Brown the meat in batches on all sides and set aside.
Stir in onion, sliced peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Sprinkle the cubes of beef with the salt, pepper and flour, toss briefly to thoroughly coat the beef. Heat the oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. You can cook My Peppered Beef Stew using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Peppered Beef Stew
- You need 250 g of Stewing beef.
- It's 1 of +1/2 pints boiling water.
- Prepare 8 of new potatoes cut in half.
- It's 1/2 of Red onion diced.
- It's 1 Bunch of Broccoli.
- You need 2 of Beef stock cubes.
- It's 1 of Veg stock cube.
- You need 2 of Carrots chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Rainbow pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Passata or tomato ketchup.
- It's 1 tbls of Cornstarch in 4 tbls cold water at the end to thicken.
Once hot, add the beef, a few cubes at a time so as to not overcrowd. Brown the beef on all sides and transfer to a plate. Now add the ginger and chilli powder or paprika, season with salt and pepper, then add the peppers, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, sweet chilli, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and vinegar. Toss in the smashed garlic cloves in their peels.
My Peppered Beef Stew instructions
- Add the meat, broccoli, potatoes and red onion then add 1+1/2 pint boiling water stir..
- Next add the water, then carrots stir in then add all the peppers and sprinkle in the dried stock cubes. Mix..
- Turn on for 5 hours on high. After 4 hours add the passata stir to mix. Add heat back for the rest of cooking time..
- At the end remove the lid and add the cornflour stir to mix leave on for a further 20 minutes without the lid so it thickens. Then serve.
Toss beef in flour, then add to the onion and garlic to brown slightly. Beef will melt in your mouth after cooking slowly for this time. Mix flour seasonings & ginger in a large plastic bag. With chunks of beef and sweet potato in a tasty tomato sauce, the Slimming World pepperpot stew is a real contender for any Caribbean cook-off! *Spice blends are Free so long as they're made from herbs and spices only and don't include any Synned ingredients like sugar, flour or oil. Check the label to be sure and count the Syns as necessary.