Vickys Spiced Red Lentil & Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Spiced Red Lentil & Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Spiced Red Lentil & Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sunflower oil / butter.
- Prepare 1 of big onion, chopped.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of tomato paste / puree.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of low sodium salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 190 g (1 cup) of dry red lentils.
- It's 2 of large carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 of large skinless, boneless chicken breast.
- It's 1350 ml (6 cups) of chicken stock (3 Knorr cubes).
Vickys Spiced Red Lentil & Chicken Soup GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Heat the oil /melt the butter in a large pan and gently fry the chopped onion until golden.
- Add the garlic and fry a further minute.
- Add the tomato paste, spices, salt and pepper, fry for 2 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add in the lentils, carrots and chicken breast and cover with the stock.
- Bring to the boil then turn down and simmer, covered for 20 minutes until the lentils and carrots are soft and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breast, shred and stir back into the soup.
- Serve with some nice bread and garnish with some chopped coriander.