Feta Cheese Pasta. Read, share and comment about Greece, Greek travel, Greek food and Greek culture. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Put the onion, garlic, thyme and tomatoes in an ovenproof dish, season lightly and spray with low-calorie cooking spray.
Feta is a Greek cheese, traditionally made from sheep's and goat's milk. It's a brined, softly set, crumbly white cheese, perfect for adding a tangy, salty edge to salads, pies, pizzas and meze platters. You can find it in the chilled dairy aisle in most supermarkets, alongside the other cheeses. You can cook Feta Cheese Pasta using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Feta Cheese Pasta
- Prepare 1 block of feta.
- Prepare 1 pack of cherry tomatos (350g).
- It's 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It's 1 of sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- It's 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- It's of Some freshly chopped basil (about 2 tablespoons worth).
- It's of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 200 g of boiled pasta.
Baked feta pasta has been around for a number of years, after a Finnish blogger introduced the world to the recipe. Since then, a number of social media food gurus have taken the opportunity to. All you need to do is add cherry tomatoes and fresh garlic to a roasting tray, with some dried oregano, olive oil and salt and pepper drizzled over the top. Then wedge your block of feta in the.
Feta Cheese Pasta step by step
- Place the tomatos and feta cheese in an oven proof dish. Add the oil, salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes on the tomatos and cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, place the garlic and basil in the dish, then mix together to form a sauce, use some of the pasta water if the sauce need a thinning out.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta!.
While the tomatoes and feta are baking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package instructions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid in case you'd like to toss it in. Place the block of feta in the center of the baking dish. Arrange the tomatoes and garlic cloves around the feta and tuck the sprigs of thyme, sage, and rosemary between tomatoes and garlic. Add some dry oregano and season with freshly ground pepper.