Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Shakshouka (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce)
Shakshouka (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce). Check Out Spicy Sauce on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
Shakshuka (Baked Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) Shakshuka is a spicy baked egg dish, originally from North Africa. It is a favorite breakfast dish in Israel. Make sure to heat the skillet before adding the oil! You can have Shakshouka (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shakshouka (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce)
- It's 4 of Eggs.
- It's 1 of Canned Tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of Fresh Tomatoes.
- It's 1 of Bell Pepper.
- You need of Parsley.
- You need 1 of Medium Sized Onion.
- It's 4 pcs of garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chilli Flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato Puree.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of cloves, 1 Star Anise (Optional).
Shakshuka is a North African dish of tomatoes, eggs, bell peppers, onions and herbs. The eggs are poached in a spicy tomato and bell pepper based sauce and is flavored with garlic, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper. Shakshuka (or sometimes Shakshouka) is a North African spicy dish of eggs stewed in a tomato and bean sauce. It is thought to have originated in Tunisia (but now really popular in Israel and Middle Eastern countries) and this is our twist on it, with a few changes and some extra ingredients just to make it even more tasty and nutrient dense.
Shakshouka (Eggs in Spicy Tomato Sauce) step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celcius. Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté chopped onion until translucent. Add finely diced bell pepper and garlic. Once fragrant, add canned and chopped tomatoes and sauté for 3-4 min on high heat. Turn down the heat to medium and simmer..
- Next for the dry ingredients, add paprika, chilli flakes, cumin powder, and tomato purée into the simmering tomatoes. Throw in the cloves and star anise for an added spice blast! Cover and let the tomato sauce thicken..
- After a couple of minutes, gently create craters and crack in 4 eggs without breaking the yolk. Place pan in the oven for 6-10min or until eggs and cooked through. Garnish with chopped parsley and voila, shakshouka is now ready to be consumed with your choice of bread!.
Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve with crusty bread. Shakshuka is a popular Middle Eastern dish of eggs baked in a spicy tomato sauce that can be served any time of day. Shakshuka (also spelled 'Shakshouka'), is one of those dishes that may look complicated, but in actuality is incredibly easy to make. It is so simple, in fact, that I had been. Remove skillet from heat and stir in feta cheese (if using).