Post Roast Chicken Vegetable Soup.
You can cook Post Roast Chicken Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Post Roast Chicken Vegetable Soup
- You need of chicken stock.
- It's of small leeks.
- Prepare of carrots.
- You need of celery.
- You need of red lentils.
- You need of baby potatoes.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It's of chicken stock cube.
- It's of shreaded chicken (optional) (see recipe).
- You need of star anise (optional).
- It's of Frozen peas.
Post Roast Chicken Vegetable Soup step by step
- Chop the vegetables up nice and small and sweat them in the oil on a low heat in a pan..
- Once nicely softened put in the chicken stock, red lentils, baby potatoes, star anise & add the stock cube or any additional seasoning you wish..
- Simmer for around 30 minutes until the red lentils have broken down and the soup looks a bit thickened..
- Towards the end add the peas and some shredded roast chicken and simmer for a few minutes longer..
- Serve with a bit of grated cheese & a slab of Soda Bread (see recipe).