Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies)
Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies). Myulchi bokkeum (멸치볶음), stir-fried dried anchovies, is a staple side dish in Korea. It's one of the most common basic side dishes, called mitbanchan (밑반찬). Basic side dishes are made to last long and served with every meal, including home-packed school lunch boxes.
Add sweet and savory sauce ingredients, except sesame oil, spring onions, chili and sesame seeds, to a pan. Myulchi Bokkeum (Korean Stir-fried Anchovies) - Soo-mi's Side Dishes. Myulchi bokkeum (pan-fried anchovies) is a crunchy salty but sweet staple Korean side dish for homes and restaurants. You can cook Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies)
- It's 1 cup of dried anchovies.
- It's 2 teaspoons of cooking oil.
- It's 2-3 of green chili peppers cut into small pieces (optional), am using red chili.
- You need 2 of spring onions, thinly sliced.
- You need of Sweet and Savory Sauce :.
- It's 2 Tsp of soy sauce.
- It's 3 Tbsp of rice wine or mirin.
- You need 3 Tbsp of water.
- You need 2 Tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 Tsp of honey.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 Tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tsp of sesame seeds.
Make this one in just three minutes, well maybe five! Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies) Cuisine: AirGo Function: Grill. This is very popular receipt as snack or flavor rice in Korean and Japan, especially good for children. One of my Korean friend showed me how.
Myulchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies) instructions
- Heat a pan with the oil over medium heat. Add the anchovies and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat, transfer to a plate and side aside..
- Add sweet and savory sauce ingredients, except sesame oil, spring onions, chili and sesame seeds, to a pan. Turn the heat back on. Boil the sauce over medium heat until it bubbles up and slightly thickens..
- Add the anchovies and chili. Stir well until the anchovies are coated well with the sauce. Stir in the sesame oil and spring onions and sesame seed at the end. Turn the heat off..
- Transfer into a serving plate. Serve with steamed rice and egg omelette (optional)..
Mae-un Myulchi Bokkeum (Korean Spicy Stir-fried Anchovies) - Soo-mi's Side Dishes. Korean spicy pan-fried anchovies is a slightly spicy, salty and sweet Korean side dish for homes. It's very quick to make and a common staple in many Korean lunch boxes and dinner tables. This is another one of grandma actress Kim Soo-Mi's creations on her Soo-mi's Side. Mix the gochujang, brown sugar, minced garlic, water, honey (or corn syrup) in a bowl and pour into the pan.