How to Make Yummy My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese
My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese. Season well with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
Add the minced garlic, chili pepper (optional), and onion; cook until soft. Add the potatoes, curry powder, turmeric, ground cumin, and chicken broth and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. This Spicy Curried Potato Wedges recipe shows you how to make perfectly baked crispy potato wedges. You can cook My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese
- Prepare 1/4 of medium onion diced.
- It's 1 tsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cumin ground.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Coriander ground.
- It's 2 tbls of Mild Curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic granuals.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of veg stock cube.
- You need 1 pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 Pint of boiling water.
- It's 1 of extra 1/4 cup boiling water.
- You need 3 of large potatoes diced.
- You need 1/4 pint of Add more water at the end to how thick you want it.
- Prepare 1 of little cream and some fresh coriander to garnish.
Potatoes with skin on (or skin off if preferred) cut into wedges and seasoned with curry powder, garlic and oil. We give you the method for making this easy homemade side dish roasted in the oven or fried in an air fryer. Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the sauce. Pour in the stock then season to taste.
My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese instructions
- Heat up the butter and add the diced onion, then add all the spices plus the stock cube stir it around then add the boiling water..
- Stir to mix then add the diced potatoes stir in and let simmer until potatoes have softened. Simmer for 5- 10 minutes Then add to a blender blend until smooth. If its thick add a 1/4 cup boiling water. Stir in as the potatoes thicken it. Add the pepper.
- Lastly add the Cup of grated mild cheese stir in add more boiling water if it's too thick to how you like it. Myself I like it thick. Add a little cream and fresh chopped coriander to Garnish and serve hot..
Cook this low-calorie potato curry for a budget-friendly midweek family meal. Heat oil in a medium sized pot on medium heat, and add the garlic paste. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and saute until toasted. Toss potatoes with sea salt, pepper and fresh cilantro, and serve hot.