Recipe: Delicious Carrot & Onion Pancakes
Carrot & Onion Pancakes. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders The carrot (Daucus carota subsp. sativus) is a root vegetable, usually orange in color, though purple, black, red, white, and yellow cultivars exist. They are a domesticated form of the wild carrot, Daucus carota, native to Europe and Southwestern Asia. The plant probably originated in Persia and was originally cultivated for its leaves and seeds.
Try our honey roast carrots, a delicious curried carrot soup, or of course in carrot cake. Eaten raw or briefly cooked, carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, carotene and potassium. The carrot (Daucus carota) is a root vegetable often claimed to be the perfect health food. You can have Carrot & Onion Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot & Onion Pancakes
- Prepare 1 of Onion *thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small Carrot *sliced into thin strips.
- You need 100 g of Prawns *thawed if frozen, cut into small pieces.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil for cooking.
- Prepare of Batter.
- It's 6 tablespoons of Plain Flour OR Self-Raising Flour.
- It's 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It's 3-4 tablespoons of Water.
It is crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene. A healthy baked carrot alternative to much-loved Indian side dish onion bhajis. A spicy rose harissa swirl makes this hummus a little bit special.
Carrot & Onion Pancakes instructions
- To make Batter, mix Flour, Salt, Egg and Water in a small bowl..
- Place thinly sliced Onion, Carrot and Prawn pieces in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with Flour and combine. Add the Batter and mix..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan, pour the mixture to form pancake(s). You can make 1 large pancake, or several small ones. When the edge of the pancake has set, flip over, and cook until nicely browned and cooked though. You may turn over the pancake(s) a few times while cooking..
- Cut the pancake into small pieces if large, and serve with a dipping sauce. Today I served with ‘Tentsuyu’. (see recipe).
- *Other Dipping Sauce Suggestions: • Soy Sauce, Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) & Sesame Oil • Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce & Sesame Oil • Okonomiyaki Sauce.
Carrot Insurance is a trading style of Carrot Risk Technologies Limited. You may check this on the FCA's register by visiting the FCA's website, www.fca.org.uk. Warm up on a cold day with our carrot soup, spiked with ginger, garlic and curry powder. Our students work incredibly hard and love to collect the variety of stickers and postcards available. The combination of Stickers and the Carrot Rewards platform is a winning combination." Steven Groutage, Tudor Grange Academies.