Recipe: Yummy Chilli Con Carne 😋
Chilli Con Carne 😋. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Find Chilli Con Carne Recipe On eBay. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Chilli con carne recipe.
This is a really easy chilli con carne recipe. It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh. You can cook Chilli Con Carne 😋 using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chilli Con Carne 😋
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter.
- You need 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell pepper seeds discarded.
- It's 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of Hot chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- It's 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbls of Tomato Purèe.
- It's 300 g of lean Minced Beef.
- Prepare 1 of dried Beef Stock cube.
- Prepare 400 g of Tin Chopped Tomatoes Tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Dried Red peppers crushed.
- It's 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It's 410 g of Red Kidney beans.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- It's of Some Sour Cream to Serve.
Use chunks of stewing beef in this healthy chilli con carne for a robust and filling dish. Go on - try these popular, easy chilli con carne recipes including slow cooker chilli, cowboy chilli and even baked bean chilli con carne. You might find a new family favourite! This is the best chilli recipe I know!
Chilli Con Carne 😋 instructions
- Add the butter to the pan heat up then fry the onions for 3 minutes.
- Tip in the garlic, red pepper, hot chilli powder, paprika, red crushed peppers and ground cumin. Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Brown lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince..
- Stir for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is separated and minced size no lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew..
- Crumble the beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture..
- Add can of chopped tomatoes. Tip in ½ tsp dried marjoram, 1 tsp sugar and add a good shake of salt and pepper. Squirt in the tomato purée and stir the sauce well..
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and cook for 20 minutes. If it looks like its drying just add a couple of tbls hot water.
- Drain and rinse the can of kidney beans add to the chilies bring to boil stirring then turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes add another couple of tbls hot water then season to taste..
- Keep checking that the sauce is not sticking to the bottom and it's not drying simmer gently..
- Serve with 1 tbls Sour cream in the middle on a bed of rice..
You can modify the spice level to suit your own family's taste. Don't be alarmed by the amount. Dollop a big spoonful of soured cream over the chilli (if using), and serve straight from the pan, with fluffy rice, flatbreads or potatoes and a really nice fresh lemony green salad. I substituted a tin of baked beans instead of kidney bean, just because that was all I had, and it worked. Here's a spicy classic you can still eat while on a diet.