Easiest Way to Make Delicious Waffles
Waffles. Waffles are a leavened batter baked between two hot irons marked with indentations, producing a crisp plain cake or flatbread with deep ridges on each side and a soft aerated interior. Method Heat the waffle iron according to instructions (some need to be lightly oiled before you start). Pour the milk into a large measuring jug, add the egg yolks, oil and vanilla and beat.
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Gradually beat in the egg, then add the milk slowly, whisking well to get as smooth a batter as possible. If you're making sweet waffles, grate in the orange zest and add a few drops of vanilla extract. You can have Waffles using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Waffles
- It's 2 cups (250 g) of All Purpose Flour (Plain / Self Raising works too).
- It's 1 1/2 tbs of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Eggs (I used one but 2 is also fine).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 1/2 cup (287.5 g) of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup (65 g) of melted butter (cooled).
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's of Note.
- Prepare of I only used one egg and my mix seemed quite lumpy so I added a bit more milk until thick and smooth.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It's of Icecream.
- Prepare of Chocolate.
- Prepare of Chocolate syrup.
- It's of Nuts.
- Prepare of Fruits.
- Prepare of Tea.
Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth. Spray preheated waffle iron with cooking spray. Preheat waffle maker to desired temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together and give a small stir to remove unwanted lumps..
- In a small bowl or jug, whisk the wet ingredients and pour into dry ingredients. Mix until nicely thick and easy to pour..
- At this point, heat up your waffle maker and wait until light goes off (or wait 2 minutes) and brush a bit of melted buttwr or oil to prevent sticking..
- At this point you can either pour contents with a jug or use a ladle like I did. I poured about half of ladle spoon to prevent leaking as my waffle maker is small. Don’t overdo it as it will fall out the sides. The amount you pour however is up to you.
- After around 4-5 minutes it’s done and ready to enjoy with Icecream, chocolates, fruits or with tea..
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and whisk to combine. Sift in the flour, baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt, then whisk until fully combined.