Pancakes. Get inspired by our latest recipes. In a separate bowl or jug, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter. For me, the best pancakes to have on Shrove Tuesday are the traditional ones.
This was given to me by mum. Overlap the pancakes as you go on a plate fitted over simmering water, to keep them warm while you make the rest. (Or if you are freezing them stack them with a piece of baking parchment between them and pop them in a freezer bag). To serve, sprinkle each pancake with caster sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice, fold in half, then in half again to form triangles, or else simply roll them up. You can have Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pancakes
- It's of Wet ingredients.
- It's 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 400 ml of milk.
- It's of Vanilla.
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 200 gm of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It's 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Put the flour, milk, egg and a pinch of sea salt into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Once combined, grate in the pear (core and all), then gently stir through. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into soured milk.
Pancakes step by step
- In a bowl add the butter and sugar and mix them.
- Leave the butter to cool down then add the egg, vanilla, and milk and mix them.
- Stiff the rest of the dry ingredients on the wet mix and whisk till the batter become smooth.
Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and lightly coat with oil. Drop in the eggs and add a splash of milk. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Why not try Stewed rhubarb with soured cream and maple syrup, Pear with chocolate sauce and hazelnuts, or Spanakopita?