Vegetable Biryani: 🧑🏻🍳. A rich, fragrant vegetable biryani makes a special vegetarian dinner. This is a really filling meal, or you can stretch it to feed more with side dishes. This simple vegetarian curry, full of fresh Indian flavours, is quick to make and cooks in a single pot.
Combining fragrant basmati rice with vegetables in tasty curry sauce, the Slimming World Vegetable biryani is a vegetarian feast for the senses. This tasty dish is part of our Free Food range, available exclusively at Iceland. But it's also a doddle to make at home when you have a little more time. You can cook Vegetable Biryani: 🧑🏻🍳 using 44 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Biryani: 🧑🏻🍳
- It's of 🌻FOR RICE :.
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- It's 2 pods of cardamom.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of chilli, slit.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice, soaked 20 minutes.
- Prepare of 🌻FOR BIRYANI:.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oil.
- It's 1 tsp of ghee / butter.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf / tez patta.
- It's 1 of mace / javitri.
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of star anise / badiyan ka Phool.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- It's 3 of cloves.
- You need 2 pods of cardamom.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 of tomato, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of potato cut into cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It's 4 of dried prunes / dried plums (if you don’t have prunes so use lemon slice).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of yogurt.
- It's 7 of florets cauliflower / gobhi.
- It's 2 Tbsp of peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of capsicum cut into cubes.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- It's of 🌻FOR LAYERING:.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of coriander, finely chopped.
- You need 4 Tbsp of fried onion.
- It's 2 Tbsp of mint / pudina, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of yellow food colour.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ghee.
Allergens and dietary info *Please note, some of our. Photograph: Felicity Cloake for The Guardian. Vegetable Biryani (Subzi Biryani) This Vegetable Biryani recipe will take centre-stage on any table it is served on. The universally-loved Indian rice dish is packed full of flavoursome spice and can be made using you and your families' favourite and seasonal vegetables.
Vegetable Biryani: 🧑🏻🍳 step by step
- Firstly, in a large pan take 6 cup water. add spices 2 pods cardamom, 4 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 bay leaf, also add 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp oil and 1 chilli. boil for 2 minutes or until flavours is in the water. add in 1 cup basmati rice and stir well. make sure to soak rice for at least 20 -30 minutes. boil for 3 -4 minutes or until rice is half cooked. do not cook fully just 80% done. drain off the rice and keep aside..
- Firstly, in a large pan heat 2 tbsp oil and 1 tsp ghee. sauté 1 bay leaf, 1 mace, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 star anise, 1 black cardamom, 3 cloves, 2 pods green cardamom, 1 tsp cumin add 1 onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. sauté until onions turn golden brown..
- Then add 1 tomato and saute until tomatoes turn soft and mushy. now add potato, carrot and salt. cover and cook until potatoes are half cooked. Then add 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 4 prunes and 1/2 tsp salt. sauté until spices turn aromatic. additionally, add 3/4 cup curd and saute until oil is released..
- Furthermore add 7 florets cauliflower, 2 tbsp peas and cubes capsicum. saute for a minute or until its combined well. add 1 cup water and mix well. cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are half cooked. take 1 cup of gravy and keep aside. now layer up with 2 tbsp coriander and 2 tbsp fried onion. spread half of cooked rice over the biryani gravy..
- Top with reserved gravy uniformly. further spread remaining cooked rice and level up. top with 2 tbsp coriander, 2 tbsp mint and 2 tbsp fried onion. sprinkle 1/4 tsp yellow food colour, 1/4 cup water and 1 tsp ghee. cover with kitchen towel and close the lid. simmer for 20 minutes low flame or until rice is cooked fully. finally, enjoy veg biryani with raita and salad. Enjoy !!.
Serve alongside your curry of choice. From the book Curry: Fragrant Dishes From India, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia. Without the meaty flavor of chicken, this recipe relies on the combination of herbs and spices, as well as a variety of vegetables complement each other to create the bold and flavorful taste. This veg biryani recipe is full of wonderful flavors! The dish contains a mixture of spices and not just curry powder.