Recipe: Tasty Spicy Honey & Sesame Gochujang Chicken
Spicy Honey & Sesame Gochujang Chicken.
You can have Spicy Honey & Sesame Gochujang Chicken using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Honey & Sesame Gochujang Chicken
- It's 2 of chicken breasts, butterflied in half and scoured with lines,.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, chopped.
- It's of For the marinade:.
- It's 4 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- You need 2 of heaped tsp garlic puree paste,.
- You need 2 tbsp of shaoxing wine,.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil,.
- You need 1 pinch of white pepper,.
- It's of For the honey sesame gochujang sauce:.
- It's 2 of heaped tbsp gochujang paste,.
- It's 2 tbsp of runny honey,.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- Prepare 2 inches of fresh ginger, chopped,.
- It's 3 tsp of sesame seeds, extra for garnish,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil,.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for frying.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Red or green fresh sliced chilli,.
- It's of Spring onion,.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds.
Spicy Honey & Sesame Gochujang Chicken instructions
- Mix together the marinade ingredients in a bowl and place the butterflied chicken into it. Leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins..
- Mix together the honey sesame gochujang sauce ingredients and set aside. Heat up around 2tbsp oil in a wok and add in the white onions. Cook over a medium heat until just becoming translucent..
- Take the marinaded chicken and place into the wok. Fry over a medium heat, turning occasionally until browned and cooked all the way through..
- Take the honey sesame gochujang sauce and pour it into the wok. Cook it until it bubbles, thickens and reduces down a little and the chicken is coated in the sauce. Remove from the heat..
- Serve up and sprinkle with sesame seeds then garnish with fresh chilli and spring onion. See picture for serving suggestion. Enjoy! :).