How to Cook Yummy Chilli Oil
Chilli Oil. Great Selection of Oils at Unbeatable Prices. Enjoy Same Day or Next Working Day Delivery via a Global Network of Distribution Centres. Gently warm the olive oil in a saucepan.
Chilli Oil is a great addition to table condiments, and easy to make. We recommend using dried chillies (you can use fresh as well, but chilli oil made with fresh chillies should only be kept for a couple of weeks and stored in the fridge). The heat from dried chillies will take a few weeks to build up in the oil. You can cook Chilli Oil using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli Oil
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
Chilli oil is very easy to make at home and has a range of uses in the kitchen. Using dried chillies means you can control the heat of the oil and they also impart more flavour. For a more authentic Asian style oil olive oil probably isn't the best choice. Simply replace the olive oil in the above recipe for peanut or good quality vegetable oil.
Chilli Oil step by step
- Place the chilli flakes, garlic, salt, vinegar and sesame seeds in to a bowl.
- Heat the oil for a couple of minutes on a medium-low heat making sure it doesn't get too hot otherwise it can burn the ingrediants.
- Add the hot oil to the chilli mixture and stir. Let the mixture cool down before using..
A word of caution Chili oil can transform a meal, taking it from bland to deliciously spicy in one pour. It goes great with things like pastas, risottos, stir fries, seafood, and dozens of other meals. While it's sold in most grocery stores, it's also simple to make at home. If you have red chili pepper flakes and olive, you've already got everything you need. Chile oils, no matter their origin and different aromatic flavor profiles, are great condiments to accompany bread, pasta, dumplings, pizza, handheld savory pies, or empanadas.