Chicken Pilaf. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Download the app and order now! Your favourite Chicken restaurants available on Deliveroo.
A low-fat spicy chicken one-pot with peppers, tomatoes and fresh red chillies - three of your five-a-day. A twist on chicken curry, it's served with pomegranate seeds, toasted flaked almonds and mint leaves. Persian chicken pilaf; Persian chicken pilaf. You can have Chicken Pilaf using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pilaf
- You need 1 of large knob butter.
- Prepare 3 of banana shallots, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek, sliced.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, sliced.
- Prepare 150 g of unsmoked bacon, diced.
- You need 150 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 of peppers (one each red & green), deseeded and sliced.
- It's 300 g of cooked chicken, diced.
- Prepare 250 g of long-grain rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sumac.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 250 ml of dry white wine.
- It's 600 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of large tomato, cut into wedges.
- Prepare of Coriander or parsley to garnish (optional - I omitted this time).
Cut the chicken into bitesize pieces. Put into a bowl with the marinade ingredients, season and mix well. Remove any excess marinade from the chicken and pat dry with kitchen paper. For an easy life, this broad bean and chicken pilaf cooks in one pan.
Chicken Pilaf instructions
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 3 or electric equivalent (Circotherm 150C).
- Melt the butter in a casserole and gently fry the shallots for 4 minutes,stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently..
- Stir in the leek and continue frying for another 2 minutes. Then add the celery and bacon, stirring occasionally, and after 3 minutes stir in the mushrooms, then the peppers. Stir all gently but thoroughly for 1 minute..
- Add the chicken, rice, sumac, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly again..
- Add wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and put in oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice cooked..
- Check after around 25 minutes that the rice mixture hasn’t “run dry”. It rarely happens but, if so, just add a splash or two of water. This is not a risotto so the aim is not to have a “wet” plate of food, just nice, fluffy, moist rice..
- Top with the tomato wedges and, if wished, coriander or parsley garnish. Serve onto warmed plates..
This Indian chicken pulao (pilaf) recipe is so easy to make. Pulao is a rice-based dish which often also includes ingredients like vegetables or meat or both. Long-grained rice varieties like basmati are often used to prepare pulaos. Sometimes the rice and other ingredients are cooked together in spices and broth, while at other times the parboiled rice is mixed with the spices, vegetable or. This simple pilaf with chicken thighs makes for an easy, nutritious midweek dinner By Janine Ratcliffe.