Veggie stir fry (generic recipe). Huge Selection on Second Hand Books. World of Books is one of the largest online sellers of second-hand books in the world Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Add the green part of the spring onions and the rice, stir-frying until the rice is broken up and hot. Pour the egg into one side of the pan. Heat a wok on a high heat and add the sunflower oil. You can have Veggie stir fry (generic recipe) using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie stir fry (generic recipe)
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of golden syrup.
- It's 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It's 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL - 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice.
- You need 2 tsp of cornflour.
- Prepare of Herbs and spices.
- You need 1 tsp of minced ginger.
- It's 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It's 3-4 tsp of spices - your choice (e.g 1 tsp each of Chinese 5-spice, ground coriander and ground ginger).
- You need of Herbs - your choice (e.g. coriander leaf, or lemongrass) - use 2 tsp dried herbs or more if the herbs are fresh / frozen.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 400-600 g of any vegetables - chopped to smaller-than-bite-size pieces. For example - finely chopped greens (any) and colourful peppers are good. Root veg (eg carrot) should be grated or julienned.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL: 100-200g of tofu, fake meat, or other protein.
- Prepare of OPTIONAL: 100g cooked rice or noodles.
Take care to not brown the vegetables. Instant Pot® Mushroom and Soba Noodle Stir-Fry This delicious soba noodle stir-fry with mushrooms, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic cooks in the Instant Pot®, and is vegetarian and vegan. Get all your ingredients ready then the cooking takes minutes. Healthy and vegetarian, it's made with broccoli, peppers, ginger, garlic and udon noodles.
Veggie stir fry (generic recipe) step by step
- Start by mixing the cornflour with a little water in a jug. Mix in all the other sauce ingredients. You'll want to make the sauce a total of about 120ml or so - top up with water as necessary, and stir thoroughly. It doesn't matter if it's a little bit runny, as water will evaporate when you are cooking. Set aside..
- Prepare all your other ingredients - everything needs to be on hand when you start to cook. Have a cup or jug of water ready, too..
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok (or a large frying pan). If your vegetables include onions or leeks put them in first. Then add all your herbs and spices and stir fry all these ingredients for a minute or two. If you are cooking tofu (or other protein), add this next and stir fry for another minute or two..
- Now start adding all your other ingredients. Stir continuously. Add first the things you think will take longest to cook - any pre-cooked ingredients (like noodles) go in last, followed by the sauce. Keep stirring and adding ingredients. Splash in a little water as needed to keep the cooking food moist and steamy, and to stop it from sticking to the pan. Once everything is added, keep stirring for 3-4 minutes longer..
- OPTIONAL - you can use the sauce as a marinade for firm, cubed tofu (or other vegan protein) if you like. Make it at least 30 minutes or more before you plan to cook, and soak the tofu / protein in it until dinner time. Then, when you add the tofu / protein into the stir fry, save any remaining marinade to add at the very end. NOTE: If using the sauce as a marinade, you may prefer to mix some or all of the spices in at this point..
Leave out the Worcestershire sauce for a vegetarian version. Peel and finely slice the red onion, and mix with the garlic, chilli and spring onion. Shred the mangetout, slice the mushrooms and water chestnuts, and mix with the shredded cabbage in a separate bowl to the onion mixture. Heat your wok until it's really hot. Add a splash of oil - it should start to smoke - then the chilli and onion mix.