Bacon & tomato pasta.
You can have Bacon & tomato pasta using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon & tomato pasta
- You need 200 g of pasta, cooked as per packet.
- It's 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 400 g of passata.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, grated.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, chopped.
- You need Handful of mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 5 rashers of smoked bacon.
- It's 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It's of Chilli flakes.
- You need of Pepper.
- It's of Oil for frying.
Bacon & tomato pasta instructions
- Fry the bacon so the rashers are crispy and place to the side..
- In a large pan, on a medium heat, fry your onion, garlic and mushrooms until they're softened..
- Using scissors, cut the bacon up and return to the pan..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and passata and leave for a couple of minutes..
- Add the sugar, pepper and chilli flakes to taste..
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the tomato pan..
- Mix together and enjoy with a side of garlic bread and grated cheese..