Recipe: Perfect Pasta and lentils
Pasta and lentils. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Check Out Lentil Pasta On eBay.
Cook, uncovered, stirring often so that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom, until the pasta is al dente and the liquid has reduced to a. In a large heavy bottomed rondeau, add water and lentils. Add salt and pasta to the pot and cook until the pasta is al dente. You can cook Pasta and lentils using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta and lentils
- It's of Just over half a cup of brown lentils (soaked for 2 hours).
- Prepare 180 g of pasta.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot.
- You need 1 of celery stalk.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tablespoon tomato puree.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive oil.
- It's of Salt and pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of sprinkle of chilli flakes.
Meanwhile, bring another large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Season with smoked paprika, cumin, tahini, salt and pepper, and give hummus to the mix. Add the tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano. water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
Pasta and lentils instructions
- Chop the vegetables in to small peices, and add to the oil fry until softened..
- Then add the tomato puree herbs, chilli flakes and pepper, cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the lentils and around 3 cups of water, and cook for about 45 minutes until the lentils have softened on a medium heat..
- Then add the pasta and salt, you will need to add boiling water to make sure the pasta is covered, cook for a further 8-10 minutes..
Reduce the heat to medium low and add the lentils. If the sauce begins to dry out, add additional water as needed. Cook the pasta until al dente, according to the package directions. Drain, then return the pasta to the pot and set it aside. Stir the marinara into the lentils and warm them together over medium heat.