Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Udon Stir Fry
Udon Stir Fry. Complete Your Kitchen Collection With Our Saucepan & Frying Pan Sets. Choose From A Range Of Delivery Options To Suit You At John Lewis & Partners. Find Stir Fry Healthy On eBay.
Yaki udon is a stir fried Japanese udon noodle dish made with an assortment of vegetables and protein. It's stir fried with a savory sauce made of soy sauce and mirin. This is different from yakisoba because they are made with different noodles. You can have Udon Stir Fry using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Udon Stir Fry
- It's of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsps of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsps of sweet asian sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It's 2 tbsps of rice vinegar.
- It's 1 pinch of chili powder or red pepper flakes.
- It's of Stir Fry Udon Noodles.
- Prepare 400 g of udon noodles.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need half of white onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- It's 1 of large tomato.
- Prepare 200-250 g of tofu.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of olive or sesame oil.
- It's 1 of lime.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh herbs.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Yakisoba is also a stir fried Japanese noodles dish but the noodles used are much thinner. After mixing the shallots with the meat and vegetables, add the noodles and prawns, including the juice (if making Prawn Yaki Udon). Stir-fry, mixing all the ingredients well until some noodles start browning a little bit. Stir Fry Udon Noodles: In same pan, heat on medium-high, add remaining oil.
Udon Stir Fry instructions
- Prepare the udon noodles according to package instructions..
- Prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and mix until well combined. Set aside..
- Press or mince the garlic. Slice all the vegetables..
- Using e.g. paper towels, press the tofu to squeeze out the extra water. Then cut the tofu block into strips. Heat some oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add the tofu and 1 tbsp of the prepared sauce. Fry the tofu until it is light brown. Remove from the pan and set aside..
- In the same pan, again heat some oil. Add garlic with veggies and cook for 1 minute. Add the udon noodles and the rest of the sauce. Cook on high heat until the sauce coats the noodles (3-4 minutes). Add the tofu, toss with noodles gently. Remove from heat, add a tbsp of lime juice with a pinch of salt and pepper..
- Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side..
Add drained udon noodles, stir-fry sauce. The main ingredients for chicken udon noodle stir fry dish are udon noodles, chicken and vegetables. For vegetables, I like to use carrot and cabbage. You can use other vegetables like snow pea, onion, celery and bell pepper. Add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, snow peas, and water chestnuts.