Bacon & tomato pasta. Book your Hotel in Baccon online. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Bacon is a type of salt-cured pork made from various cuts, typically from the pork belly or from the less fatty back cuts. It is eaten on its own, as a side dish (particularly in breakfasts), or used as a minor ingredient to flavour dishes (e.g., the club sandwich).
Pork was originally cured to preserve it in the. Bacon is pork that has been cured one of two ways: dry or wet. It can be bought as both rashers and larger cuts. You can have Bacon & tomato pasta using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon & tomato pasta
- It's 200 g of pasta, cooked as per packet.
- Prepare 400 g of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 400 g of passata.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, grated.
- It's 1 of red onion, chopped.
- It's Handful of mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 5 rashers of smoked bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It's of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Oil for frying.
A dry-cure (in which the meat is rubbed with salt and flavourings) is the superior method of curing. A wet cure involves steeping the meat in a brine of salt and water. The term bacon refers specifically to cured meat from the belly of a pig. While people have enjoyed bacon for years, bacon has recently experienced a cultural explosion in many parts of the world.
Bacon & tomato pasta instructions
- Fry the bacon so the rashers are crispy and place to the side..
- In a large pan, on a medium heat, fry your onion, garlic and mushrooms until they're softened..
- Using scissors, cut the bacon up and return to the pan..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and passata and leave for a couple of minutes..
- Add the sugar, pepper and chilli flakes to taste..
- Drain the cooked pasta and add to the tomato pan..
- Mix together and enjoy with a side of garlic bread and grated cheese..
It is served on its own, incorporated into meals (such as eggs and bacon), or used as an ingredient in dishes like sandwiches, soups, salads, and even sweets like maple bacon ice cream. Our American bacon variety is sweetly-cured and smoked in a traditional way, originating back to traditional farms of Virginia, using a mixture of sugar and salt before smoking. His works are seen as developing the scientific method and remained influential through the scientific revolution. Becketts is a leading supplier of bacon to the food service & retail industries in the UK, and throughout Europe. As a family business with international backing, we're dedicated to providing bacon at its best.