Recipe: Appetizing Chicken Thai yellow curry served with Ajard cucumber relish sauce
Chicken Thai yellow curry served with Ajard cucumber relish sauce. Check Out Curry Sauce on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Low Prices on Mayflower Medium Curry Sauce Mix.
Most Thai kids love this curry as it's not hot at all. To complement this curry, Thai people often serve a simple cucumber relish (ajat) on the side to add a little zing to a curry that, though delicious all on its own, intrinsically lacks the bold, herbal, spicy ingredients found in other curries. You can serve the curry and rice with a Thai cucumber relish is you fancy. You can have Chicken Thai yellow curry served with Ajard cucumber relish sauce using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Thai yellow curry served with Ajard cucumber relish sauce
- It's 75 g of lotus yellow curry paste.
- It's 400 ml of coconut milk.
- It's 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Potato.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of salt.
- It's 1 Tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 400 g of chicken (boneless).
- It's of Ajard cucumber relish.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need of Cucumber.
- It's of Shallots.
- Prepare of Red chilli.
This Yellow Chicken Curry is full of wonderful Thai flavors and comes together quickly, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal. It's also a little unusual because I baked the chicken in the oven and air fryer rather than cooking it stovetop, or in an Instant Pot. It's a great hands-off meal and it's yet another low carb chicken recipe to add to your weekly rotation. Pour remaining coconut milk, chicken stock, onion, potatoes, and chile peppers into curry paste mixture.
Chicken Thai yellow curry served with Ajard cucumber relish sauce instructions
- Parboil the potatoes by placing in cold water, bringing to the boil, and cooking at a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes. Drain and leave them aside..
- Heat oil in the saucepan over a high heat. Add curry paste and fry until it is fragrant..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 250ml of coconut milk..
- Add chicken and cook until the meat is completely cooked..
- Add fishsauce, palm sugar, and salt..
- Add potatoes, onions, carrots, and the rest of coconut milk. Leave for 5 minutes with lid on..
- Check the potatoes and carrots to ensure they are tender and cooked as per your liking..
- Taste the curry and add more salt, if needed. Turn off the heat and serve..
- To make Ajard cucumber relish, Heat up Vinegar and add sugar and pinch of salt..
- Move them and cook them like you are making syrup.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down..
- Add chopped shallots, cucumber and chilli into the bowl and pour our Ajard sauce on Top..
These Thai chicken curry recipes are fragrant, quick and easy that make a great alternative to a weekend take-away. You can go the distance and make your own Thai curry paste for maximum flavour. Add the sugar and salt, and boil slowly until all is dissolved. Satay *MUST* be had with the ajaad or Thai cucumber relish. I've seen Thai restaurants outside of Thailand serve satay without it.