Recipe: Appetizing Rojak (Mixed-Fruit Salad) In Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce
Rojak (Mixed-Fruit Salad) In Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce. Check Out Mixed Sweet on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
It's typically served as a snack or appetizer. To make this delicious snack you will need the sweet sauce, which consists of shrimp paste, palm sugar, sesame seeds, and chili. A popular mixed fruit salad in a sweet sauce, this fruit rojak is a traditional Malay family favourite and one of Singapore's most famous hawker dishes. You can have Rojak (Mixed-Fruit Salad) In Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rojak (Mixed-Fruit Salad) In Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce
- It's of A. Veggies & Fruit.
- Prepare 2 C of pineapple - thinly cubed/sliced.
- You need 1 C of sliced jicama/sweet turnip.
- Prepare 1/2 C of sliced cucumber.
- You need 1 of green apple (optional).
- Prepare of B. The Sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of corn flour + 3 tbsp water.
- You need 158 g of Coconut sugar - crushed/chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of chili sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of C. Peanut Topping.
- Prepare 1 C of ground peanut.
- You need of Note:.
- Prepare 1 of . Coconut Sugar can be substituted with palm sugar.
- Prepare 2 of . Use any type of chillies - fresh, flakes or powdered. Adjust heat accordingly.
- It's 3 of . Use store bought roasted peanuts.
At Singapore's Banana Leaf, the salad includes cucumber, jicama, pineapple, green apple, spinach, bean sprouts, and crispy fried tofu, tossed with a lively dressing and a handful of crushed peanuts. From sweet to sour and crunchy to juicy, these contrasts of textures and flavors are immensely satisfying. (Image credit: Apartment Therapy) Sweet, sour, salty, spicy and savoury rojak is a delicious and refreshing Malaysian style fruit salad spiked with chilli and peanuts. My little NZ family has been on the road for a little over a week now, beginning a seven week trip in Indonesia with a few days in Malaysia. The sweet and spicy-hot bumbu rujak dressing is made of water, gula jawa (palm sugar), asem jawa (tamarind), crushed peanuts, terasi (prawn paste), salt, bird's eye chilli and red chilli.
Rojak (Mixed-Fruit Salad) In Sweet & Spicy Peanut Sauce step by step
- Prep A - cut/slice veggies & fruit. Place in a big mixing bowl..
- Prep B - Mix corn flour & water, put aside. Next, place crushed coconut sugar, white sugar, sweet soy sauce, chili sauce & dark soy sauce in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat, keep stirring until sugar is dissolved and everything is well mixed. Add corn flour mixture. Stir to mix. Turn off the heat. Keep mixing for a minute and leave to cool completely before using..
- To Serve - In a big mixing bowl, mix & combine the sauce with cut fruit/veggies. Tranfer to a serving dish and sprinkle/top with enough ground peanut. Serve. Note: Alternatively, you can plate the fruit first then drizzle enough sauce and top it with ground peanut..
All of the fruits are cut to bite-size pieces, and put in the dish. The bumbu rujak or thick sweet spicy rujak dressing is poured on the fruit slices. The sweet and spicy sauce is what makes the fruit salad a Rojak. One can almost describe the taste as umami. The ingredients include Sambal Belacan (pounded shrimp paste and chili condiment), hei ko (sweet shrimp paste), sweet sauce, caramel soy sauce, and sugar.