Keto Pecan Pie. In fact, keto pecan pie is best made ahead in general, since it needs to chill to firm up. There are several parts that you can make ahead: Make the sugar-free pecan pie crust ahead. You can keep it on the counter for a day, or store it in the fridge for a few days before using it for your keto pecan pie.
The best way to reheat pecan pie is to reheat it in the oven. The goal, of course, is to heat the pie through without starting to cook it again. Once the filling it's set, remove from oven, add the pecan nuts on top and use some zero sugar maple syrup for glaze. You can cook Keto Pecan Pie using 20 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Pecan Pie
- It's of Pie Crust.
- It's 1 cup of almond flour.
- It's 4 tablespoons of coconut flour.
- It's 2 tablespoons of powder sweetner.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 50 gr of butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It's of Pie filling.
- Prepare 175 gr of unsalted butter.
- It's 1 cup of brown sweetner.
- You need 2 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter.
- You need 1 cup of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It's 1 cup of almond flakes.
- It's 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- It's of 1/2 cup pecan nuts for topping.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of keto maple syrup.
Melt the ghee and add in the vanilla extract and erythritol. Pour the filling mixture into the pie crust. You will need to mix your eggs, butter, almond flour, sweetener, and salt to create a slightly thick dough that you will use as your Keto Pecan Pie crust. This Keto pecan pie will leave you in Keto heaven.
Keto Pecan Pie instructions
- Almond Crust - Add all ingredients in a food processor and blitz together until it forms into a grainy texture..
- Use your hands to form a dough ball. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 15 minutes..
- Once chilled, roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper. Carefully, roll the dough in a pie dish and poke with a fork..
- Pre -bake for 15 min at 180°C. Remove from oven and set aside..
- Pie Filling - Brown the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan..
- In a bowl mix together the nut butter, coconut milk, sea salt and vanilla..
- In a separate bowl whisk all eggs together until doubled the volume..
- Once the butter starts boiling and starts forming brown bits at the bottom remove from heat and add the brown sweetner whisking constantly..
- Once the caramel is formed, add the nut butter and coconut milk mixture. Mix well..
- Slowly incorporate the egg mixture, little bit by little bit. Do not add more eggs until it's well combined..
- Finally, add in the chopped pecans and almond flakes..
- Pour the pie filling on top of the pre-baked crust. Cover the edges with a little bit of foil to avoid burning it..
- Return to oven for 35 more minutes..
- Once the filling it's set, remove from oven, add the pecan nuts on top and use some zero sugar maple syrup for glaze..
- Return to oven for 10 more minutes..
- Leave it coll at room temperature, then refrigerate for another 2h..
- Can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months..
Add melted butter and stir until you have a coarse mix. Transfer the mixture into a pie plate and press firmly, the bottom and sides. Arrange pecan halves on top to design of your liking. Cover the crust edges with a pie shield or aluminum foil to prevent burning. Allulose is the sugar substitute that makes this recipe work.