Recipe: Tasty Macaroni Cheese:
You can have Macaroni Cheese: using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Macaroni Cheese:
- You need of macaroni.
- You need of butter.
- It's of & 1/4 Tbsp (25 g) flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of mustard (or to taste).
- It's of mature cheddar or as needed grated.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
Macaroni Cheese: instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220C / 200C Fan / Gas Mark 7. Cook the macaroni until it’s a bit less done than normal. While the macaroni is cooking, make the cheese sauce..
- 🌻Make Cheese Sauce: Melt the butter in a medium sized pan on a low heat. When the butter is foaming, add the flour and stir until it’s mixed in. Then keep cooking for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Very gradually add the milk, stirring constantly. Make sure each bit of milk is incorporated before adding the next bit. If you do this slowly on a very low heat, you should end up with a perfectly smooth cheese sauce with no lumps and no need to whisk..
- When all the milk is incorporated, add the mustard, salt and pepper. Then add half the cheese, stir to combine and turn off. When the pasta is done, drain it, retaining a little bit of the cooking water. Tip the pasta and a couple of tablespoonfuls of the cooking water into the cheese sauce and stir..
- Pour the macaroni cheese into a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. The top should be brown but the bottom should still be saucy and the macaroni should be perfectly cooked..