Easiest Way to Cook Tasty Banoffee Pie
Banoffee Pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Crush the digestive biscuits, either by hand using a wooden spoon, or in a food processor, until you get fine crumbs, tip into a bowl.
Find out how to make a banoffee pie from scratch, making your own caramel, or buy in dulce de leche for an easy version. To make the base, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs and melt the butter over a low heat. Pour into a bowl and mix to combine. You can cook Banoffee Pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banoffee Pie
- Prepare 250 grams of biscuits.
- It's 150 grams of butter.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 2 of bananas sliced.
- It's 300 ml of double cream whipped.
- It's 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla paste.
- You need of Optional for garnish.
- You need of Dark chocolate.
- Prepare of Dried banana chips.
Grate the chocolate over the top of the pie. Remove the pie from the tart tin, by placing the tin on top of an upturned bowl, then sliding the edge of the tin down. Move the bowl out of the way,. Make a homemade dessert that's sure to have everyone talking with our tempting banoffee pie recipe.
Banoffee Pie step by step
- Put the biscuits in a large bag and break them up into a fine crumb..
- Make sure there’s no large pieces..
- Melt the butter in a large pan. Pour in the biscuits and stir well..
- Using a flan dish, press the buttery biscuits into it smoothing it down. Place it in a fridge to cool and set for 2 hours..
- Meanwhile place the tin of condensed milk in a large pan of water, make sure it’s covered and bring it to the boil for two hours. Leave it to cool then open..
- Once the base is set, slice the banana and arrange on the bottom of the biscuit base..
- Spoon on the caramel sauce..
- Next add the cream to a bowl, with the sugar and vanilla paste, whisk until soft peaks spoon on as well. Decorate with chocolate and whatever you fancy. Place in the fridge to set!.
Classically delicious, it's a sure favourite of ours here at Carnation and is made with our own creamy Carnation Condensed Milk to make a smooth and golden caramel. Make the banoffee pie in a deep tin if possible; if you use a shallow tin you will need a little less biscuit base. Make the chocolate curls by melting plain chocolate and pouring it onto a flat. Put the butter and flour in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fresh breadcrumbs. Add the yolk of the egg and the sugar and pulse again until mixed through then, add a tbsp at a time of very cold water pulsing the processor after each addition.