Sausage Casserole. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Buy ingredients online from Tesco. Thousands of delicious recipes. by The Hairy Bikers The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly. This hearty one-pot uses sweet smoked paprika and a pinch of chilli flakes to bring a subtle warmth to the dish.
Remove the sausages from the pan and put them on a plate. Looking for hearty warming comfort food? These sausage casserole recipes should do the trick. You can cook Sausage Casserole using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Casserole
- It's 12 of sausages.
- Prepare 200 grams of Carlin Peas or chickpeas (cooked).
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of sumac or the rind and juice of a lemon and 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It's 1 of pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery sliced.
- It's 300 ml of hot stock.
- It's 3 tbsp of mascarpone or sour cream.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves and a sprig of Rosemary.
- It's of Salt and Pepper to taste.
We've got stews, casseroles and a gorgeous sausage cassoulet recipe. Filter This Page Filter Clear All. You can't beat a hearty sausage casserole for a family dinner - it's a real classic. This easy recipe is cooked in just one pot with minimal effort, but you end up with a warming sausage and tomato casserole flavoured with honey and mustard.
Sausage Casserole instructions
- In a large pan fry off the sausages until golden brown, meanwhile in another pan fry the onions and garlic, add the celery and tinned tomatoes! Simmer well..
- Next add the other ingredients and spices add the pepper and sausages! Once it’s all simmering really well add the peas or beans! Leave to simmer and thicken for another 15 - 20 minutes! Add a dollop of the mascarpone stir well and serve !! Enjoy.
Serve with mashed potato or pasta for a simple supper. Brown the sausages,this can be done either under the grill or by frying them. Once the sausages have browned,put them into a casserole dish and season. Put the sliced onion on top of the sausages. Boston baked beans and sausages Pack protein into this hearty one-pot with pork sausages, smoked bacon and homemade baked beans.