Key Lime Pie. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place into the fridge to chill completely before serving.
For the pie crust, blend the biscuits, sugar and remaining butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to the pie dish and spread over the bottom and up the sides, firmly pressing down. Using a balloon whisk, mix the condensed milk and cream until combined, then add the lime juice and zest (it will thicken!). You can have Key Lime Pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Key Lime Pie
- You need of Keebler ready crust.
- It's 2 (14 oz) of cans sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of grated lime zest.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- You need 1 cup of cold heavy cream.
- It's 2 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar.
This Key Lime Pie recipe can also be made with lemons - replace the five limes with four lemons for a lovely fresh twist. The original key lime pie is made with - it is in the name - key limes, a smaller and tangier version of a normal lime. Traditionally made with key limes, a specific variety from the Florida Keys, our easy key lime pie recipe swaps in classic limes, which still lend the desired punchy flavour but are much easier to source. Key Lime Pie This is a very famous recipe from Florida, where a certain special variety of limes called Key limes are used.
Key Lime Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, yogurt, lime zest, and lime juice. Pour the thick mixture into the warm graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes, until the filling is almost set; it should wobble a bit. Let cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place in the refrigerator to chill thoroughly, about 3 hours..
- FOR THE TOPPING In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until medium peaks form. Top the pie with the whipped cream. Decorate with the lime zest and lime slices..
Their season is short and there aren't enough grown to export; however, the pie tastes just as good with other varieties of lime in this authentic American recipe. This recipe is from The Delia Collection: Puddings. Most key lime pie recipes make use of the aforementioned condensed milk, beaten with egg yolks to enrich it and turn it into a kind of quick custard. The mixture is further thickened by the. Pour into the prepared crumb crust and gently level the surface.