Greens and Lentils Pasta 🌱. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Green or brown lentils; Pasta; Fresh or canned tomatoes; Onion & garlic; Olive oil; Tomato paste; Bay leaves; Cumin; Broth; Salt & pepper; How to make it.
Once boiling, add the red lentil pasta and cook according to the directions on the package. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. I also have a green lentil dal recipe if that's your taste, and green lentil tacos, burritos and enchiladas which could be worth a look. You can have Greens and Lentils Pasta 🌱 using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greens and Lentils Pasta 🌱
- It's 500 g of Pasta (I used brown).
- Prepare 300 g of Lentils (tinned, jar or cooked).
- Prepare 1 tin of tomatoes.
- It's 2/3 of coves garlic.
- Prepare 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 handful of greens (fresh or frozen) or add other veg you need to use up.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of capers.
- Prepare 1 of little chopped chilli or fresh or dried herbs (optional).
Some of those use more expensive ingredients as toppings but they're easily swapped around. I am so sorry that Covid has affected your household the way that it has, I agree that. In this dish, lentils add fiber, protein, and vitamins to the spring greens and pasta, without a big calorie bump. You'll also get a snappy, aromatic zip because we're adding chili and cumin to these babies!
Greens and Lentils Pasta 🌱 instructions
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Sauté onion on a gentle heat but don’t let it brown. Add finely chopped or grated garlic and true for 2 or 3 minutes. Add cooked lentils and cook in the onion mixture for a few minutes. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and the capers and greens if frozen (a few minutes utes before the end if they are fresh. Simmer on a low heat for around 10 minutes (normally around the time that it takes to cook the pasta..
- Drain the pasta. You can add a splash of oil to stop it sticking if you have any. Plate into 4 portions and top with the with the lentils. Sprinkle with chopped chilli and/or herbs if you are using..
This dish keeps things fun by tossing the spring greens and lentils through orecchiette pasta. This is a really hearty pasta dish that uses lentils in place of meat and is a great option for "meatless Monday". I learned to love lentils after living in Umbria, and prefer to use the small beige or green lentils in my kitchen. Lentils are a nutritional powerhouse, and are high in fiber, are an excellent source of six important minerals, two B vitamins, and. If you've boiled pasta before, you can handle cooking lentils!