Sausage casserole. Get inspired by our latest recipes. Create your online recipe binder. by The Hairy Bikers The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly. Our smoky sausage casserole is a gently simmered masterpiece with an addictive crunchy breadcrumb topping.
This meal is well worth the effort - it's an instant winter winner. Remove the sausages from the pan and put them on a plate. Looking for hearty warming comfort food? You can have Sausage casserole using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage casserole
- Prepare of Colman's Sausage Casserole Mix (not sausage and onion).
- It's 400 g of Baked Beans.
- Prepare 240 g of Butter Beans (drained).
- It's 12-16 of Chipolatas.
- You need 150 g of Diced Chorizo.
- Prepare 400 g of Chopped Tomatoes.
- You need 3 of Bell Peppers.
- It's 300 ml of Water.
- It's 8 of halved cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare of Spices, add to taste.
- It's of Paprika.
- It's of Chilli.
- It's of Garlic.
- Prepare of Tomato Puree.
- You need of Salt.
These sausage casserole recipes should do the trick. We've got stews, casseroles and a gorgeous sausage cassoulet recipe. Filter This Page Filter Clear All. Brown the sausages,this can be done either under the grill or by frying them.
Sausage casserole instructions
- Add casserole mix and spices with water in a casserole dish I use 4 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic, 2 tsp chilli, pinch of salt.
- Add chorizo, chopped tomatoes and cherry tomatoes.
- Add butter beans, baked beans and chipolatas.
- Put in oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Chop peppers and add to casserole and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.
Once the sausages have browned,put them into a casserole dish and season. Put the sliced onion on top of the sausages. Peel the shallots, then peel and finely slice the garlic. Toss gently, and place on a medium heat. In a large deep pan, brown sausages in cooking oil.