You can cook Hunters chicken using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hunters chicken
- It's 2 of chicken breasts.
- You need 8 slices of uncooked back bacon.
- Prepare 100 g of mozzarella.
- It's 60 g of cheddar.
- You need Pinch of black pepper.
- It's of Sauce.
- You need 400 ml of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 240 ml of water.
- It's 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of crushed cloves of garlic.
- It's 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika.
- It's 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- It's 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Hunters chicken step by step
- Carefully Slice the two chicken breast into 4 cutlets, by using a sharp knife to cut the chicken breasts in half crosswise. Cover the cutlets with baking paper and use a meat tenderiser of rolling pin to flatten..
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium high heat with oil..
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until softened..
- Add in all other ingredients for the sauce, bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, cover and and let the sauce bubble to reduce down and really thicken (approx 10 minutes, don't put the heat too low), ensure you let the sauce reduce down and thicken before proceeding to the next steps, or your sauce will be too runny..
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan..
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the sauce in a even layer to baking tray or oven proof dish..
- Place the flattened chicken breasts into the sauce. Brush over the top with the barbecue sauce to ensure they are all fully coated..
- Place 2 slices of bacon on top of each chicken breast, and again brust over the top with the barbecue sauce, so that the bacon pieces are also fully covered..
- Top with the cheese and pinch of black pepper and bake in the oven for approx 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted..
- You can then place under a medium heat on the grill (broil) until the top is golden..
- Serve with whatever side dish you like and enjoy..