Vegan chilli con carne. Check Out Chilli Carne on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Free Delivery On All UK Orders.
Dice the onion, garlic, bell pepper, chilli and dried tomatoes into small pieces. Add the broth and water, rinsed and drained beans, lentils, sweetcorn and chopped tomatoes and stir well. Method Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, then trim and finely chop the leek and chilli (I leave the seeds in, but deseed if you prefer), and place into your largest, heavy-based pan over a medium heat with the oil. You can cook Vegan chilli con carne using 18 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chilli con carne
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Rapeseed Oil.
- Prepare 1 of White Medium Onion (Diced).
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper (Diced).
- Prepare 3 of Medium Garlic Cloves (Finely Diced).
- It's 250 g of Soya Based Mince.
- You need 500 ml of Vegan Vegetable Stock.
- You need 400 g of Tinned tomatoes.
- It's 240 g of Red Kidney Beans.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Tomato Purée.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Chipotle Paste.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Oregano.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of smoked Paprika.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It's 1/4 Tsp of Chilli Powder.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Salt (season to your taste).
- It's 1/4 Tsp of Ground Pepper.
To me, this vegan chilli con carne is the definition of comfort food and it's so healthy! High in fibre, protein, vitamins and minerals AND low in saturated fat, better than any animal based protein out there! Enjoy with some brown rice, homemade guacamole, homemade salsa and homemade tortilla chips (recipe below). Here is what you will need for vegetarian chilli con Carne.
Vegan chilli con carne instructions
- Start by putting a pan on a medium heat and allow to warm up add the onions to the pan give a stir and add the salt (helps the onions sweat)and cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the red peppers cook for a further 5 minutes then add the soya mince and garlic fry for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the chipotle paste and stir through and cook for 2 minutes add the vegan vegetable stock, the tomatoes and tomato purée and stir thoroughly. Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, oregano, smoked paprika, garlic powder and pepper stir through. Add the kidney bean and cook through on a low heat for 30 minutes serve with rice and any extras of your choice ie nachos, jalapenos, guacamole or sour cream..
Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into bite-sized chunks, then place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with a pinch each of cayenne, cumin, cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil then toss to coat. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.