My Deep fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce (Korean pepper sauce).
You can have My Deep fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce (Korean pepper sauce) using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Deep fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce (Korean pepper sauce)
- You need 2 of Chicken Breasts cut into thick strips.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Buttetmilk.
- You need 3 tbls of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Veg oil for deep frying.
- It's of SAUCE........
- It's 1 tbls of grapeseed or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small onion minced.
- It's 5 of Garlic cloves minced.
- It's 1 tbls of Grated Ginger.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Gochujung paste.
- You need 1/4 Cup of soy sauce (low sodium).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbls of honey.
- You need 1 tbls of black cracked peppercorns (Optional).
My Deep fried Chicken with Gochujang Sauce (Korean pepper sauce) instructions
- Add the chicken to a bowl and add the buttermilk. Add the veg oil to a deep pan heat up til its Hotpot boiling..
- Add the cornflour to the chicken stir it around so ann chicken is coated. Using a tong pick up a piece of chicken and add to the oil then add half the batch of chicken leave heat on high for 2 minutes then turn right down and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Add the cooked chicken in a bowl lined with kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil. Turn the heat back up to high and repeat with the other half of the chicken..
- In a saucepan add the little oil and the onions, garlic and ginger and fry stirring for 2 minutes half heat..
- Next add the Gochujung paste and stir in..
- Next add soy sauce stirring.
- Next the mirin stirring.
- Next the honey stirring, also the black pepper if you want it..
- Stir to bring to the boil then turn down low and simmer stirring until it thickens. Add the chicken to a serving bowl add some or all of the sauce here and there over the crisp chicken. Add some chopped green onion and sesame seeds to garnish..