Oven-baked Fish Curry Pilaf. Our Compact Built-In Ovens Provide You With The Full Range Of Features. Check Out Curry Oven on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
My 'Basic Oven-Baked Pilaf' recipe is very versatile. I added Curry Powder to it and used White Fish Fillets for this dish. I often use rice cooker to cook rice dishes, but I know many people don't have rice cooker. You can cook Oven-baked Fish Curry Pilaf using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven-baked Fish Curry Pilaf
- Prepare 300 g of White Fish Fillets.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Curry Powder *Today I used Asian Curry Powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil *OR Oil of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It's 1 of small piece Ginger *finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- It's 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Long Grain White Rice *rinsed.
- It's 500 ml of Chicken Stock / Vegetable Stock.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of Salt *OR as required.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Peas *thawed.
Oven-baking is so easy, and it is very suitable for cooking pilaf. Lightly season White Fish Fillets with Salt & Pepper, sprinkle with some Curry Powder, and set aside. Heat Oil in an oven-safe shallow saucepan or a skillet over medium heat and cook Onion and Garlic until soft. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based lidded casserole dish.
Oven-baked Fish Curry Pilaf instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200℃. Lightly season White Fish Fillets with Salt & Pepper, sprinkle with some Curry Powder, and set aside..
- Heat Oil in an oven-safe shallow saucepan or a skillet over medium heat and cook Onion and Garlic until soft..
- Add Rice and stir for 1-2 minutes or until coated with the oil and lightly toasted. Add Curry Powder and stir. Add the stock and stir, and bring to the boil. Place Fish Fillets on the rice. Cover with the lid or cover tightly with foil..
- Place in the oven, and cook for 15-20 minutes. You may wish to brown the top by baking without the lid for 5-10 minutes..
- Sprinkle thawed Peas and mix to combine..
Add the garam masala and allow to sizzle gently for a moment or two. Tip in the rice and stir. Add the rice, stir well, then add the herbs, whole spices and lemon zest and cook for a minute. Line a baking tray with foil for easy cleanup. Spray some cooking oil to avoid the fish sticking.