My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the potatoes and toss to coat. Stir in the curry powder and season the potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the potatoes, curry powder, turmeric, ground cumin, and chicken broth and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and saute until toasted. You can have My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese
- It's 1/4 of medium onion diced.
- It's 1 tsp of Butter.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin ground.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Coriander ground.
- Prepare 2 tbls of Mild Curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic granuals.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It's 1 of veg stock cube.
- It's 1 pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 Pint of boiling water.
- You need 1 of extra 1/4 cup boiling water.
- You need 3 of large potatoes diced.
- It's 1/4 pint of Add more water at the end to how thick you want it.
- Prepare 1 of little cream and some fresh coriander to garnish.
Toss potatoes with sea salt, pepper and fresh cilantro, and serve hot. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quarter the potatoes and place in large bowl. Add the salt, tomato paste, curry paste, curry powder, and oil.
My Thick Curried Potato & Onion Soup with Cheese step by step
- Heat up the butter and add the diced onion, then add all the spices plus the stock cube stir it around then add the boiling water..
- Stir to mix then add the diced potatoes stir in and let simmer until potatoes have softened. Simmer for 5- 10 minutes Then add to a blender blend until smooth. If its thick add a 1/4 cup boiling water. Stir in as the potatoes thicken it. Add the pepper.
- Lastly add the Cup of grated mild cheese stir in add more boiling water if it's too thick to how you like it. Myself I like it thick. Add a little cream and fresh chopped coriander to Garnish and serve hot..
Give it all a good mix and make sure each potato is well covered. Layer the potatoes over a large oven tray and place in oven. Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the sauce. Pour in the stock then season to taste. This Recipe + String Hoppers + Fish Sothi + Coconut Sambol.