Tofu & veg stir fry. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Check Out Japanese Tofu on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today!
It has a subtle flavor, so it can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is often seasoned or marinated to suit the. Tofu is a food made of condensed soy milk that is pressed into solid white blocks in a process quite similar to cheesemaking. You can have Tofu & veg stir fry using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tofu & veg stir fry
- You need 1 block of tofu - cut into cubes.
- It's 4 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 of onion finely sliced.
- It's 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 of chilli finely chopped.
- It's Knob of ginger finely grated.
- Prepare of Selection of vegetables sliced (I used sprout tops, cabbage, kale, mushrooms and heritage carrots).
- You need Splash of soy sauce.
- You need Half of bunch fresh coriander.
Rumor has it that a Chinese cook discovered. Fry tofu in a coating of smoked paprika, garlic and seasoning to make these crispy tofu bites. It is made by curdling fresh soya milk, pressing it into a solid block and then cooling it - in much the same way that traditional dairy cheese is made by curdling and solidifying milk. The liquid (whey) is discarded, and the curds are pressed to form a cohesive bond.
Tofu & veg stir fry instructions
- Put the tofu cubes in a bag or bowl and coat in hoisin sauce. Set aside in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 mins or longer if you can..
- Prepare the veg by chopping the onion, garlic and chilli. Then finely slice or chop the remaining veg..
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a wok over a medium / high heat and add the tofu and remaining marinade. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the tofu starts to brown. Then transfer the cooked tofu to a bowl/plate.
- Heat another tbsp of oil in the wok over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for a minute. Then add the garlic and chilli and fry for another minute..
- Add the remaining veg, toss to coat in oil and fry for 3/4 minutes until the veg starts to soften. Add 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce, the cooked tofu and a splash of soy sauce..
- Then add the chopped coriander, grated ginger and a little seasoning. Serve with plain or fried rice..
Tofu comes in different degrees of firmness: silken, soft, firm, and extra-firm. Silken is best for blending into smoothies and desserts, as well as in Japanese miso soup. Soft is ideal for heartier soups and stews, and firm and extra-firm stand up well to stir-frying, deep-frying, and baking. These styles are very different in terms of texture and culinary properties, so check the label to. Tofu is a brilliant high-protein choice, being low in saturated fat and a great source of calcium and phosphorus.