Poached egg on avocado toast. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Food you never knew you wanted. Low Prices on Pan For Poached Eggs.
Fill a large saucepan with water, add the vinegar and bring to a hard boil over a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat so the water is simmering, then use a spoon to swirl the water into a whirlpool. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast. You can cook Poached egg on avocado toast using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poached egg on avocado toast
- Prepare 2 slices of bread.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 of egg.
- It's of Vinegar.
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Chilli flakes (optional).
When the eggs are done, use a spatula to lift the eggs out of the water. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Spread the sourdough toasts with the smashed avocado and divide between two plates, along with the roasted tomatoes and some salad. Mash your avocado, leaving it as chunky as you like.
Poached egg on avocado toast step by step
- Toast the bread. I usually use a grill rather than a toaster to control the browning..
- Carefully cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and scoop out the avocado flesh..
- Add a little lemon juice to the avocado and mash to your desired constancy and set aside. The lemon is important, it stops the avocado from going off quickly..
- Heat some water. As it comes to a boil, add some vinegar to the the water..
- Secret technique - gently crack an egg into a sieve and allow the extra egg white to drain off. You'll notice that there is still an egg yolk and the main egg white. The extra egg white causes the stringing when you usually poach an egg. Once this is removed, you have a nice, smooth, bubble like raw egg ready for poaching..
- Stir the boiling water to create a vortex and gently add the egg into the water. Boil for 3 minutes for a runny yolk. You can do two at a time, but I stick to 1 so they don’t interfere with one another. You may need to adjust your time to have your yolk to the consistency that you like..
- Use a slotted spoon to fish out the egg and place on a kitchen towel to absorb any excess water..
- Spread the avocado on the toast, add the poached egg, salt and pepper to taste and it’s ready to eat. Enjoy!.
- Side note: My friend kept wanting to add chilli flakes to the avocado smash, but I’m not sure the flavour comes through. Have a go and see for yourself..
Sprinkle a little salt onto the avocado. Poach your egg, or use a fried egg, whatever you prefer! Spread the avocado over the toast. Add the vinegar and stir the centre of the pan to create a swirl. While the eggs are cooking, spread your toast with the Flora Light and add the smashed avocado.