Recipe: Delicious Spiced Carrot & Corriander Soup
Spiced Carrot & Corriander Soup.
You can have Spiced Carrot & Corriander Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced Carrot & Corriander Soup
- It's of medium-large carrots, chopped finely,.
- You need of celery, sliced finely,.
- Prepare of large handful chopped corriander, including stalks,.
- You need of onion, diced very finely,.
- Prepare of vegetable stock cube,.
- Prepare of green finger chillies, chopped,.
- You need of fresh ginger, peeled,.
- It's of ground cumin,.
- Prepare of runny honey,.
- It's of quark or natural yoghurt,.
- It's of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Prepare of oil, for frying,.
- It's of To garnish:.
- Prepare of Parsley or corriander leaves,.
- Prepare of Some quark or natural yoghurt.
- It's of Corriander emulsion (see my other recipes),.
- It's of Corriander & mint chutney (see my other recipes).
- It's of Red chilli flakes.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
Spiced Carrot & Corriander Soup instructions
- Add the oil to a large saucepan over a medium heat and add in the onions. Cook them for a few minutes then once nice and soft, add in the celery and carrots. Stir and continue to fry gently..
- Season well with salt and pepper and add in the ground cumin. Fry off the spices for a minute or so then add in the ginger and chillies. Stir through and turn down the heat a little..
- Crumble in the stock cube and then pour in enough boiling water to completely cover the ingredients in the pan. Add in the honey and stir thriugh. Bring to a simmer and cover with a lid..
- Once the carrots are quite soft, remove from the heat. Once cooled a little blend until nice and thick and smooth. Add in the corriander and blend again. There should be fine flecks of corriander leaf speckled throughout the soup..
- Add the quark, blend through until beautifully creamy. Then add in a little boiling water whilst stirring until you achieve your preferred consistency. Serve up and garnish with your toppings. Enjoy. :).