Recipe: Delicious Fish Pie
Fish Pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod.
Delicious served with lots of green veg, or if you're Jamie, with baked beans! Fish pie is usually popular with children, who may not otherwise be keen on fish. In this version, leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing [.] Recipe by: Azmina Govindji Fluffy haddock fish pie Roughly chop the spinach and stir into the cheese sauce. You can cook Fish Pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Pie
- It's 500 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped in half.
- It's 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 50 grams of butter.
- It's 50 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 5 of mushrooms.
- You need 2 (400 gram) of packs frozen pie mix defrosted.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baby capers (optional).
- You need 2 blocks of frozen spinach or a handful of fresh, or peas.
- It's 1 of egg whisked.
- You need 1 packet of puff pastry.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It's of Optional.
- It's 1 pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sweet smoked paprika.
Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix and mustard. Hearty, creamy and super-satisfying "This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand - even frozen peas! Instead of plain old mash, I've created a crispy root veg topping to add colour and texture - it's a bit like a rosti, only baked instead of fried. Simple and satisfying - a good fish pie is one of the greatest comfort foods.
Fish Pie instructions
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees. Pour the milk, onion and bay leaf in a pan. Bring it to the boil, once it’s boiled turn off the heat and let the flavours infuse!.
- While the milk infuses, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop the mushrooms finely. Get a good sized pie dish! Place in the mushrooms and capers give it a stir then Pour in the defrosted pie mix..
- Place the butter into another frying pan, melt the butter. Then add the flour stirring well to make a smooth paste. If it has lumps in it just keep stirring so they disappear..
- Take the onion out of the milk mixture. Next slowly pour in the milk into the flour and butter paste. Stir in whilst on a low heat. Slowly adding more and more until it’s smooth..
- Keep adding more and more..
- Stir well this gets rid of the lumps..
- Bring up the heat stirring well so it thickens to make a nice thick white sauce add salt and pepper and then the spinach or peas..
- Once all mixed well! Pour the mixture on to the the fish mixture. Add spices (optional) and a good pinch of salt and pepper too!.
- Break an egg into a bowl, whisk well and brush it around the edge of a pie dish..
- Roll out the pastry, cut out the shape required for the pie lid! Crimp the edges and brush over with the rest of the beaten egg! Place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until it’s all fluffed up and golden!.
From mini fish pies to fish pie with cheesy leek mash topping, these recipes will quickly become household favourites. Filter This Page Filter Clear All. Start by making the mashed potato for the topping. Chop the potatoes into chunks and cook in boiling salted water until tender. Lift the fish out onto a plate and strain the cooking liquor into a jug.