Recipe: Yummy Valencia Fish Stew (Suquet)
Valencia Fish Stew (Suquet). Browse Our Great Selection of Books & Get Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Find your dream job on neuvoo, the largest job site worldwide. We are talking ¨Suquet de Pescado¨, a Spanish Seafood Stew.
When cooking with shell fish it is always a good idea to follow some simple cooking rules becuase it is very easy to get ill from uncooked or bad shell food. Add the potatoes and stir well to coat them. Suquet de Peix is a Catalan fish stew recipe that originated on the Costa Brava. You can cook Valencia Fish Stew (Suquet) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Valencia Fish Stew (Suquet)
- You need 500 gr of Monk fish.
- You need 4 of peeled Prawns.
- It's 2 of medium size potatoes.
- It's 4 of garlics.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sweet Paprika.
- It's 5 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of small dry chilly.
- You need 75 gr of Flour of your choice.
- It's 300 ml of water.
Traditionally made with a bucketload of healthy ingredients such as fish, tomatoes, olive oil and garlic… this is one of those dishes that you never need to feel guilty about. So you can have that extra glass of wine! Catalan Fish Stew (Suquet de Peix Recipe) This delicious Catalan fish stew recipe is called suquet de peix. Easy to make and super delicious!
Valencia Fish Stew (Suquet) step by step
- Heat the olive oil on medium temperature and add the garlic.
- Coat the fish previously cut in approx 4 cm with the flour and fry for 2 minutes on each side and remove and save for later.
- Add the diced potatoes (4x4 cm) and fry for 3 minutes on each side..
- Add the chilly and Paprika and stir quickly, adding water and salt to taste..
- Once it's boiling, add back the fish and the prawns and cook on low fire for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are nearly done..
- Taste for salt. Turn off the fire and lid the pan for 5 extra minutes to finish the cooking..
Suquet Suquet is the diminutive form of suc, or 'juice', in Catalan, which meansthat this wonderfully flavored dish is more correctly called juicy fish stew. Jess' Grandma and Mum's Catalan Fish Stew (Suquet de Peix) In this traditional Catalan fish stew (suquet de peix) recipe, fresh seafood and monkfish are served in a sweet, rich and nutty tomato-based sauce. A true taste of the sea. By Jessica Lockyer-Palmer - The Happy Foodie team. Suquet de Peix is a simple fish stew from the Catalunya region on the eastern coast of Spain.