Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Rava Roti
Rava Roti. Choose from the world's largest selection of audiobooks. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Mix rava with required quantity of water and curd. Spread oil on hot tawa and pat the batter with wet palms,as thin and large as possible.
Unlike Rava Dosa recipe, here, the batter is in a semi solid consistency and more over this roti has to be roasted in a low flame to attain the desired amount of crispiness. To prepare Rava Rotti Recipe (Karnataka Style Semolina Flat Bread), get prep with all the ingredients, chopping and grating. Add onion, coconut, green chilli, ginger, coriander, Curry leaves, cumin seeds and salt in a wide mixing bowl. You can cook Rava Roti using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rava Roti
- Prepare 1 cup of semolina/ rava.
- It's 1 of small chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of small chopped tomato.
- You need 1 of Green chilli.
- Prepare 6-7 of chopped curry leaves.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- It's 2 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Oil.
Mix it nicely by crushing onions with your hands for few minutes. Rava rotti or sajjige rotti is an instant breakfast recipe. To prepare sajjige rotti rava or Semolina is mixed with curd, water, flour, coconut, coriander leaves, asafoetida and green chilli. Then the sajjige rotti or rava rotti batter is spread on the hot pan.
Rava Roti step by step
- Take all ingredients in wide bowl..
- Mix everything nicely by adding salt as per taste. Add little water and using your hand make a soft dough..
- Take some water in small bowl. Heat the tawa in medium flame and take small portion of dough in hand place it in the tawa. Then keep the flame in low..
- Dip your hand in bowl of water. Using this wet hand. Press the dough ball in roti shape. Add few drops oil in edge of the rava roti..
- Then cover lid and cook in medium flame till rava roti surface starts to dry out. Flip over..
- The cooked surface should be light golden brown..
- Serve hot rava roti with any curry, tomato ketchup or chutney..
Sajjige rotti or rava rotti is a very easy and tasty dish from mangalore. In a vessel add rava, whisked yoghurt and a cup of water. Rava will absorb the liquids completely and it will become soft. Chop the coriander leaves, curry leaves and green chillies finely. Rava rotti or sajjige rotti is an instant breakfast recipe.