Easiest Way to Make Tasty Spinach Curry
Spinach Curry. Free & Fast Tracked UK Delivery. Buy Now Pay Later Financing Available. A flavourful vegan and vegetarian curry with fresh cauliflower and spinach, and lots of aromatic spices.
Add the garlic and cook another minute. It goes well as a side with Indian breads like roti, butter naan or flavored rice like jeera rice or ghee rice. This Indian palak curry is healthy, easy to make & tastes super delicious. You can have Spinach Curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Curry
- It's of Rice.
- It's 400 ml of stock.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of curcuma.
- It's 150 g of pandan rice.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need 1 handful of cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of shredded coconut.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It's of Curry.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of sunflower oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It's 2 tbsps of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It's 100 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 200 of spinach leaves.
In India, we make spinach curry in many ways just like any other veggie. Heat the curry paste in a large non-stick frying pan. Stir and cook the tomatoes for a little while. Add the garlic and ginger paste, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper.
Spinach Curry instructions
- Prepare the stock by dissolving a stock pot in 400ml of hot water..
- Chop the onion. Press or mince the garlic. Heat some olive oil in a medium-sized pot. Add the onion and let it cook 2-3 minutes. Add the curcuma, mix and cook one more minute..
- Add the rice and the stock. Cook covered for 12-15 minutes. Add some more water if too dry. Set aside uncovered once ready..
- Heat a wok or a large pan. Add the cashews and the shredded coconut. Grill for 1-2 minutes until they become golden. Take out of the pan and reserve for later..
- Add some sunflower oil in the wok/pan. Add the minced garlic and curry powder. Mix and let cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Dice the tomatoes and add to the wok. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the coconut milk, some salt and pepper and bring to a boil..
- In another pan fry two eggs. Tear the spinach in small pieces and add to the curry in the wok. Keep stirring until all the spinach reduces in size. Then let the curry cook 2 more minutes..
- Place half of the rice and half of the curry in each plate. Top with a fried egg, roasted cashews and shredded coconut..
It's such a versatile curry that you can cook it with gravy or dry like a stir-fry. Whichever you decide, it's surely a vegan dish that can satisfy your appetite with some roti/ chapati, naan bread, flatbread, or pitta bread. If the spinach is frozen increase the heat until the curry is bubbling away again. Simmer for an additional five minutes. Add the garam masala, lemon juice and coconut milk and stir.