Recipe: Appetizing Vegan sausage jambalaya
Vegan sausage jambalaya. Buy The Finest Of German Delicacies With Uk's Leading Hot Dog & Sausage Supplier. Your Favourite Meat & Meatless Hot Dog Supplier In The Uk For All Your Culinary Needs. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now.
Serve with any type of coleslaw and fresh corn bread for a hearty, satisfying dinner. A spicy Seitan Sausage that replicates the famous Cajun Sausage used in the south, Great in Gumbo, on a roll with some hot mustard, or especially sliced up in my Vegan Jambalaya recipe. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate. You can cook Vegan sausage jambalaya using 25 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan sausage jambalaya
- It's of sunflower oil.
- You need 6-8 of vegan sausages (I like the chorizo-style sausages for this dish, but any kind is fine), chopped into pieces about 2 cm long.
- It's 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic (or 2 chopped cloves).
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It's 3 tbsp of cajun spice mix (or use the spices listed below).
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1-2 of peppers, any colour.
- Prepare 4 of small / medium carrots.
- Prepare 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 cups of long grain rice.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 1 tin of red kidney beans.
- Prepare of Other vegetables if you like. A double-handful of frozen sweetcorn adds some nice colour, for example.
- You need of Cajun spice mix.
- It's 2 tsp of chilli powder (mild for me!).
- You need 1 tsp of cumin.
- It's 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet paprika.
- It's 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander leaf.
Vegan sausage - optional, but it adds a boost of flavors, protein, and texture that mimic the authentic jambalaya recipe. It looks like many ingredients, but don't be overwhelmed by it. The recipe is pretty simple and straightforward. First, heat olive oil in a large cast-iron casserole or large.
Vegan sausage jambalaya step by step
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a low heat. Add the sausages. Fry gently while you chop the onion. Then add the onion, garlic and tomato puree. Cook for a few minutes to soften the onion..
- Now stir in the spices, sugar and lemon juice. Let that fry gently while you chop the pepper and carrots. Add the pepper, carrots, and a little stock to keep the mixture moist. Cook that for a few minutes while you measure out the rice, open the cans and drain / rinse the beans..
- Add the rice, tomatoes, beans and any other vegetables you'd like to use. Stir. Pour over the stock. Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally..
Jambalaya typically consists of a couple of types of meat (usually at least one sausage), vegetables and rice, so we've used some vegan chicken and chorizo alternatives here to keep it real. As an added bonus, this is a one-pot recipe so you can spend less time washing up! Warm a skillet over medium heat; add vegan sausage. Sauté until sausage is nicely browned and crispy. Add sausage and kidney beans to the large pot.